BEAUTIFUL WOMAN

BEAUTIFUL WOMAN

Monday, June 8, 2009

"If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them" (John 13:17)

What Next?
My Utmost for His Highest
Oswald Chambers
June 8, 2009
Determine to know more than others. If you do not cut the moorings,
God will have to break them by a storm and send you out. Launch all
on God, go out on the great swelling tide of His purposes, and you get
your eyes open. If you believe in Jesus, you are not to spend all your
time in the smooth waters just inside the harbour bar, full of delight,
but always moored; you have to get out through the harbour bar into
the great deeps of God and begin to know for yourself, begin to have
spiritual discernment.
I read this devotion a week after I boarded a plane going from Georgia to Thailand, a one-way ticket as a matter of fact. My purpose was to work and help my brother start a school for children in a labor camp on the island of Phuket in Thailand. I have since learned that as I abide in Jesus, that my 'free choices are God's foreordained decrees'. God 'expects me to do His will, and He is in me to do it.'
God stripped me of all I had in Georgia - house, children, job - everything that I thought of as my life accomplishments. He has cut the moorings and sent me out.

No comments: