BEAUTIFUL WOMAN

BEAUTIFUL WOMAN

Monday, November 26, 2007

PATIENCE

GOD GAVE ME A SCRIPTURE YESTERDAY THAT WAS RIGHT ON TIME, I'LL SHARE IT WITH YOU - HEBREWS 10:36

"For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise."

IN ESSENCE - YOU NEED PATIENCE, SO THAT AFTER YOU HAVE DONE THE WILL OF GOD - DONE WHAT GOD ASKED YOU TO DO - AND WHEN GOD LITERALLY USED YOU TO ACCOMPLISH HIS WILL AND PURPOSES - IT IS THEN THAT YOU NEED PATIENCE SO THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WHAT HE HAS PROMISED.

Isn't this good? God knew where I was spiritually and physically - I was on the marta train, late for work, and wondering why am I doing this. I also was 'wondering' about raising the girls. I knew without a doubt that I did what God wanted me to do in the raising of them, and also how He wanted me to do it. But what now? So without asking, God is telling me to wait on Him, have patience...

Tony Evans (The Perfect Christian, How Sinners like Us can Be More Like Jesus) states that "...patience is doing what you're supposed to - sowing the seed and strengthening your spiritual life - while you wait without complaint for God to send the rain that will produce the growth."

We should learn to not complain about the people and circumstances that God has placed around us, but ask Him to give us patience. (Remember the story of little 'Much Afraid"?)

Do you ask God - "Why me Lord?" or do you say "I know God is doing something good in my life."

In talking about patience we must also add the experiences of Job. Look at Job's reward for His patience.

"And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job, when he had prayed for his friends; and the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before." Job 42:10

Also consider Mary and Martha after their brother Lazarus died. Before Jesus raised Lazarus from death, He said -

"...Did I not tell you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?" John 11:40

This is one of my favorite verses. It all comes down to believing God.

ARE YOU AT A PLACE IN YOUR LIFE WHERE GOD IS TELLING YOU TO WAIT?
IF SO, BE PATIENT, AND BELIEVE GOD ...

No comments: