BEAUTIFUL WOMAN

BEAUTIFUL WOMAN

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

THE DISCIPLINED LIFE


Sunday, February 2, 2014

ALMOST OVER

It has been three years since the diagnosis of my breast cancer.

From the beginning, God has been in control and I have trusted Him.

My oncologist, Dr. Tran, told me a few weeks ago, as she tried to determine what hormone inhibiter to prescribe, that the chemotherapy that I took before my mastectomy and after, had no effect on the tumor.

 In effect I lost my hair for nothing. So I am here today not because of anything the doctors did, but it was all God.

God was there with me through it all. I don't remember any unusual pain or discomfort during any of the many treatments. I was stuck, radiated, cut up, and prodded, but I just saw it as something that I had to go through. "Through" is the operative word.

   

Deuteronomy 31:6

The Message (MSG)
“Be strong. Take courage. Don’t be intimidated. Don’t give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He’s right there with you. He won’t let you down; he won’t leave you.”

drwilmajohnson@yahoo.com

https://www.facebook.com/drwilmajohnson


#black history #African American history #breast cancer #spiritual survival





<><  <><  <><  <><





THE DISCIPLINED LIFE FOR STRONG WOMEN IN GOD - SWG

 

God has plans for all of us, but it takes discipline on our part to fulfill those plans, and this ‘self’ discipline will determine our destiny. As followers of Jesus Christ, of course we want to fulfill His purposes in our lives.  But it takes discipline on our part because of the many distractions in life that can interfere with our God-given destiny.

We must live with specific goals in mind ( 1Cor 9:23-27).  We cannot just want to fulfill God’s purposes in our lives, because it takes more than just desire. It is discipline which will determine our destiny.

Research has shown that the majority of people do not have definite plans for their future (Kimbro 4).  When I was young, in my 20’s, I could not visualize myself over 30 years old.  I had no plans, no goals, and no 401K, or retirement plan.


Visualize yourself accomplishing your goal.  Visualize losing that weight. Visualize going back to school. And then, visualize yourself not accomplishing anything


Dennis Kimbro, also states in Think and Grow Rich..., (page 344) that in order to succeed,  there are four steps that are needed.  These steps are –

-          Definite goals

-          Power to attain these goals

-          A plan for the getting the knowledge to attain that goal, and

-          Action and persistence in following through with that plan

(Think and Grow Rich, A black Choice, page 344)
======================================================================
THIS IS AN EXCERPT FROM THE INTRODUCTION - THE DISCIPLINED LIFE FOR STRONG WOMEN IN GOD - SWG - A JOURNAL TO ASSIST IN GOAL ATTAINMENT.

No comments: